Honest Conversations over Coffee On Weekends-A place where we can have honest conversations & people enter without labels or legacy of their jobs, failures & successes. With just a mutual respect for the human in front of them. It’s an idyllic vision but if this connects with you be there.
We wanted to begin with a meet – a place where individuals can interact, which is:
1. A ‘NON JUDGMENTAL HONEST PLACE’ where we have people from different age groups gender ,political and social opinions, sexuality etc etc having honest ,interesting conversations. I would love to see a 18 year old heterosexual liberal girl talking to a 65 year old gay man,openly without preconceived notions
2. A ‘NO BULLSHIT POLICY’ where we don’t SMALLTALK.
Where you have conversations without pretense or political correctness and where you don’t want to talk about something you just say “I don’t want to”, instead of some random stuff to avoid the topic
3. Not deep philosophical stuff only, but ALL THAT MATTERS – First loves to dreams to inane but brilliant bollywood movies to weird experiences.
4.NEITHER LABELS NOR LEGACY – For most of us the second or third question is ” so what do you do?”. I am not sure if this is only in our culture but we need to have an identity beyond our designations , money or our family. It would be interesting if we avoided these questions – and talked about our interests , who we really are.
5. SELF SUPPORTING- The idea would be to have more than one of these meets and for this to happen it has to be self supporting. There will be minimal cost which goes for the coffee , promoting the event and time of those who put this together.
6. NO TECH,NO ADDICTIONS – I am all for freedom of choice but we should be able to have ‘real conversations’ without being a few drinks down or constantly scrolling through our Facebook. So all mobile devices will be on airplane mode and there will be coffee but no alcohol.
The time mentioned is 5 pm but please be there at 4:45 pm.
Since it’s a group event we reserve the right to refuse admission for people coming in quite late.